Saturday, February 20, 2010

Divine Love

This morning I woke with a deep ache in my heart for more... more of my Beloved One... more of knowing His depths... not shallow weak knowing but a deep knowing of who He is more then I have ever experienced before... my thoughts where lead to the Mothers and Fathers of the faith of old who had fellowship in such a rich way with the Beloved that I long to know... God is birthing a hunger in me to know HIm more even in the place of suffering, to allow Him to reveal His wounds to me, to let me feel the ache in His heart for those who do not know Him for those who are weighed down and bound in a prison by the effect of sin and death... the ones He longs for... the ones He cares deeply for.. the ones He wants to bring freedom to and healing and deliver them from the snare that the enemy has laid for them... In His lovingkindness He has revealed to me areas of my heart and life that compromises just seemingly little ones have entered but how destructive they can be... and how He wants to bring freedom to me His beloved in a deeper way.... I hear my Beloved whisper to me 'I'm taking you deeper... I am doing a greater work within you... trust Me... trust My hand upon your heart'.



To listen to one who went deep with the Beloved, this is what he has to say:

There is a fire of Divine Love.
It is this love which burns the believer and can even cause the believer to suffer. How? Sometimes the absence of the Beloved greatly affects the believer.
Sometimes the believer hears the inward voice of the Beloved calling. It is a gentle whisper and proceeds from out of the believers inmost depths... where the Lord, the Lover, abides. It is this whisper which possesses the believer almost to the point of undoing. The believer realizes how near is his Lord and yet he also realizes how much the soul has not yet been possessed by Him.
This intoxicates the believer and puts an insatiable longing within him to be changed into the likeness of his Lord. Therefore, it can be said of love: Divine love is as strong as death, for it kills just as surely as death kills.
MOLINOS


This is where I find myself this day... both Realizing my Beloved's nearness yet also knowing their is much of this soul to be possessed by Him... a longing and a ache... although at first discouraged someone wise said to me... 'Remember it is God who is doing the work within you, and He is Faithful to bring you into completion. Trust Him. His timing is perfect!'


Lord today I ask would You help me to be patient as You move and work upon this weak heart, would Youcause me to enjoy Your hand upon my heart and the wisdom of Your timing... lift my eyes this day that I am not focusing on that which is in need of work but upon You the Beloved who is Faithful who is moving in Divine love upon my heart... let my eyes behold You this day.

No comments: